Bloomberg's product and technology teams are committed to creating exceptional human experiences with technology by transforming complex data, workflow processes, and end user requirements into functional and unique software products.
Bloomberg is looking for a Senior Mobile User Experience Designer to oversee defining the mobile context for our extensive professional offerings. This role will provide design direction, mentor newer members in the team, and guide different product areas to pioneering mobile solutions. This is a unique opportunity to influence the mobile counterpart to one of the most ubiquitous and influential software products in the financial space. Although this is not a management role, this position will directly report into Bloomberg's CTO Office.
- Envision and realize innovative mobile solutions to enhance the Bloomberg Professional ecosystem of offerings
- Inspire and motivate a team of design, technology, and business stakeholders to create cutting-edge mobile designs
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, user workflow and task modeling, mobile interaction design, information architecture design, conceptual design, best practices in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts
- Produce detailed high-grade deliverables including storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes and other design prototypes, and detailed design specifications for platforms such as Mobile Web, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone
- Communicate and present artifacts from different UX activities such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications
- Mentor and lead newer members of the team in UX best practices and design strategies
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Design, Computer Science, Mathematics, Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Anthropology or other related field; Master's degree or PhD a plus
- 5-to-7 years in a User Experience related field
- Experience leading design teams on large projects
- Stellar Mobile experience work portfolio
- Minimum of 4 years designing for mobile phones/tablets with experience in popular platforms such as iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, and mobile Web
- Familiar with user experience design methodologies including Agile
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools including Omnigraffle, Visio, InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.