On any given day as a Market Specialist you will be consulting with senior level professionals at client accounts, helping to close new sales opportunities, and crafting product development. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, the department serves as the de facto asset class authorities at Bloomberg. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
You will join our Market Specialist team based in Dubai as an FX Specialist.
We’ll trust you to:
- Protect the existing terminal base, increase product adoption, and ultimately generate sales revenue
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market professionals
- Provide business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations, and market practices to help craft future product development
- Utilise industry events and writing content to market our product
- Educate the sales force through internal trainings and seminars
- Contribute to our written content bespoke for clients
- Collaborate with other partners of our business in Africa to drive our FX strategy to the next level in a variety of key markets
- Work closely with our African Sales Force in furthering our reputation as the global market leader and meeting the high-level analytical demands of our customers both on a 1:1 basis or through presenting at seminars and conferences where appropriate
You’ll need to have:
- Deep understanding of the FX markets for FX Spot, Forwards, NDF and Options and in-depth knowledge of the workflow of the main FX player. Knowledge of other asset classes is an advantage
- Experience working within the local African FX markets a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Ability to influence senior decision makers
- A desire to travel regularly to Africa to provide our clients with a premier service
We’d love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.