Product Manager, Data, Bloomberg Media
New York, NY
Posted Feb 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 100303
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Product Manager to oversee a growing suite of data products to support its subscriptions and advertising business. This role will work on the strategy, design and delivery of new products, in close collaboration with data sciences and engineering. The role reports to the Global Head of Data + Audience. You’ll be able to seamlessly collaborate with teams in Engineering, Sales, Subscriptions, and Marketing to deliver best in class online experiences. You’ll have a solid understanding of ad-supported consumer media products and digital subscription businesses. You’ll be well-versed in user targeting, personalization, 1st and 3rd party data strategies, and privacy compliance.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Translate business requirements into creative, effective data solutions for the subscriptions and advertising business:
- Focus on models supporting content personalization, subscription and advertising propensity and revenue optimization
- Understand and appreciate advanced machine learning and other data modeling techniques, and how they apply to business goals
- Experience working with data science and/or data engineering teams, and understands machine learning and data pipeline project lifecycles
- Contribute to our overall data infrastructure vision across businesses, from data collection to usage to ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations.
- Build instrumentation, monitoring and evaluation capabilities to better our products and measure the impact of our work.
- Be curious about technical systems and methods and be able to work closely with engineers to articulate when, why, and how certain technical models should be applied to enhance the product personalization strategy
- Juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Mathematics or similar disciplines
- Demonstrable experience working with personalization, targeting and data modeling
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.