Crude Oil Reporter - Singapore
Posted Feb 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 100431
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
What is the role?
The Oil Trading team is seeking a resourceful and dynamic reporter who's keen to break news and build sources in the world's biggest commodity market. You must be eager to write on what's driving this opaque sector, who's making or losing fortunes, geopolitics and OPEC, Asia's oil-consumption patterns and how the industry is responding to still-rising demand amid ESG concerns that have crimped new investments.
You will be covering a fast-paced beat, comprising shorter stories on everything from physical oil transactions and refinery outages to longer-term stories on the sector's evolution. You will also have the opportunity to interview key executives from Big Oil companies and trading houses, and to work hand-in-hand with Oil Trading teams in London and Houston, as well as Green and Government teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on market-moving crude oil stories
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights
- Drive coverage and insight on the world's biggest crude oil market
You'll need to have:
- a minimum of 5 recent years of reporting experience covering business or finance
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering crude oil or products as a reporter
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.