CABM Global Manager - Research Content
New York, NY
Posted Feb 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 100538
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we are responsible for acquiring, collecting, and enriching it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) manages the acquisition of the data that is contributed to Bloomberg from our content partners (e.g. 3rd parties, banks) to provide our customers with the information they need. CABM’s goal is to be our content partners’ distribution platform of choice by developing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships built on trust and exceptional service.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager to lead our Research Content team globally. In this global leadership role, you will work with our most strategic research partners and play a pivotal role in defining the strategic direction of the research product. Based in NY or London, you will manage a team of Content Relationship Managers whose primary goal is to acquire broker content and models.
You are an exemplary collaborator, and a highly motivated and experienced people manager who has a proven track record of defining and executing strategies. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the Research Content team globally. You’ll need to be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision of where your department is heading and how you’re going to get there together
- Institute sales processes and procedures to ensure the team remains on track to meet/exceed established metrics and targets
- Manage, develop and coach a high performing team of research professionals and team leaders
- Manage internal stakeholders while executing your business strategy. You’ll need to drive your teams’ initiatives forward, while ensuring alignment with the wider goals of the department and company
- Deeply understand the demands of our clients and the market conditions in which they operate.
- Working hand-in-hand with managers from other internal groups such as Core Sales, Global Data, and Engineering you will harness your group’s expertise in research, data and technology to ensure that we continually exceed our customers’ expectations
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience, with a proven track record of managing a team, developing people and delivering results
- Strong knowledge of the research environment from a product, relationship and regulatory stand point
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape in which Bloomberg operates, along with knowledge of financial products and the ways in which our clients consume data
- The vision to align your department’s goals to the fast-changing landscape of research, data and technology, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge and experience of research authoring and publishing systems
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com