Enterprise Sales - Account Manager, Buy-side - Hong Kong
Posted Feb 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 100675
We're Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two-person hedge fund - we're an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You'll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
As part of the Core Sales Buy-side team, you will be responsible for forging deep and trusted relationships with our clients, taking the time to understand their businesses, their pressures and concerns and the ins and outs of their workflow and technology. Armed with this intel and your consultative approach, you will uncover opportunities for us to expand our partnerships whilst at the same time helping our clients drive their business forward. You'll also keep your ears close to the ground and be up to date with the latest trends and business initiatives within your client base. Your account management skills and passion for excellence will ensure we maximize our business opportunities.
We'll trust you to:
- Build an in-depth understanding around our client's workflow with end-users to ensure product satisfaction and retention
- Focus on utilising your product, market, and workflow expertise to assist relationship managers in identifying Terminal and Enterprise opportunities via campaign calls/meetings
- Support relationship managers onboard new clients, as well as managing and retaining existing clients
- Work with our client and onsite support teams in addressing client questions and requests in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for growing our client base through prospecting, relationship management, referrals, cross-selling and attending external events/conferences
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Contribute innovative ideas and provide detailed feedback to our product development teams to help us continuously improve, so we can anticipate our client's future needs
- Make the best use of our flat corporate structure to network across various departments, relying on specific expertise to help deliver solutions to our clients
You'll need to have:
- Client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company in the past 3-5 years
- Experience in or selling to buy-side institutions
- Consultative skills built in sales or institutional client facing roles
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders both externally and internally
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese to support our Chinese-speaking clients
- Hands on experience using the Bloomberg product suite
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.