Senior Software Engineer - FI Derivative Trading
Posted Feb 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 101012
Bloomberg’s Fixed Income Trading systems offer end-to-end trading workflows including price discovery and negotiation, real-time analytics/pricing and execution, and are fully integrated with the Bloomberg terminal.
Our team’s systems are the gateway between Bloomberg and the financial industry, providing workflows for trading Interest Rate Swaps (IRS) and Credit Default Swaps (CDS), forming the largest buy-side electronic trading platform for fixed income derivatives.
We develop rich user interfaces which are powered by backend servers in C++. As developers, we own the software end-to-end, and use a variety of technologies whilst practicing pragmatic innovation. Our software supports the entire trade process: displaying instrument prices on the Bloomberg terminal, creation of trading tickets, and processing of over-the-counter negotiations. CDS and IRS are complex derivatives featuring many important financial details, and it is therefore essential for us to build products that allow our traders to see a lot of information while keeping our systems performant and flexible.
We collaborate closely with other teams in the larger Electronic Trading department and work daily with our business counterparts to move the platform forward and influence its direction. We are dedicated to sharing our knowledge regularly and to creating a collaborative environment.
We are looking for software engineers who share our teams’ passion for delivering high quality software in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
What's in it for you?
- You will be joining an enthusiastic team of talented engineers, passionate about our product, and proud to build industry-leading solutions for our clients. Collaboration and team-work are part of our DNA.
- You will work closely with our business partners, and take a leading role in designing new solutions.
- You will have the opportunity to work on complex system features, distributed architectures and find innovative ways to improve our clients’ workflows. This includes working with both backend and frontend technologies.
- You will see an immediate ROI, as we respond to our clients needs swiftly and release code to production on a bi-weekly basis.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience programming in C++
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, multi-threading, and data structures
- Project leadership experience working on a medium-sized project
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for working closely with product, clients, and other stakeholders
- Interest in being a full-stack developer, working on both the front and back end with a keen eye on user experience
- Desire to own the software you build and taking a proactive role in its evolution
We’d love to see:
- Professional experience programming in Python3
- Professional experience programming in TypeScript
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
- Familiarity using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools
- Experience working with unit testing frameworks
- Knowledge in the financial markets
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.