Senior Software Engineer in Test - AIM
New York, NY
Posted Mar 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 101485
Are you curious about how a hedge fund makes money? Or what tools does a portfolio manager use to rebalance their portfolios? Are you a champion for high-quality software development and top-notch user experience? Our team needs people like you!
The AIM (Asset & Investment Manager) Engineering team builds software for all Bloomberg-supported asset classes (equity, fixed income, swaps, commodities, options) for hundreds of institutional firms with more than $15 trillion in assets. When hedge fund managers use our applications, they have mere seconds to absorb the information on the screen and make critical decisions that move the financial markets around the world. As you can imagine, scale, speed, and usability are our primary concerns while developing software.
We seek a talented and highly self-motivated Software Engineer in Test to join the Position Management Applications team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing full-stack software focusing on testing, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem-solving independently and in team settings.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping to drive the automation testing strategy for the AIM engineering organization
- Developing/expanding automation test frameworks that peer Engineering teams will use to provide end-to-end smoke and regression test coverage
- Collaborating with development organizations to understand how development changes affect ongoing test automation efforts
- Gathering metrics and providing test coverage analysis based on automated test results
What makes this job great is not only the opportunity to work on challenging problems with smart engineers but also the exposure you'll get to Product Managers, clients, salespeople, and other Engineering teams. This unique combination will give you a comprehensive view of the financial industry's critical concepts and inner workings.
You need to have:
- Working knowledge of asynchronous programming techniques
- Solid understanding of modern application architecture and design patterns
Experience with test automation frameworks
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated UI testing frameworks like Selenium
- Experience with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), with bonus points for knowledge of Cucumber
- Experience with DevOps, especially around continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.