Korea and North Asia Economist - Hong Kong
Posted Mar 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101495
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
With nearly 30 economists and 100 economics reporters worldwide, Bloomberg has an unrivaled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading.
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by rigorous and original thematic research. The economists also produce previews of major data releases and economic events, analysis of the numbers as they break. The goal is to offer Bloomberg clients a deeper insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
What is the role?
We are seeking an experienced economist specializing in Korea, and ideally with broader expertise covering mainland China, Taiwan, or Japan, to join our research team in Hong Kong.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce insightful research, comprehensive economic forecasts and speedy analysis of data releases and central bank meetings.
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to news stories and from time to time working on joint projects with economics reporters.
- Appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients.
You'll need to have:
- Relevant experience in economic analysis, with proven expertise in analysing Korean economic data, monetary and fiscal policies and long-term structural challenges.
- English fluency and at least professional competency in Korean.
- Energy and the initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis.
- Ability to generate good content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends.
- A graduate degree in economics, or equivalent experience (a masters or PhD are a plus).
We'd also like to see:
- Policy experience and strong econometrics skills.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.