Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101663
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg Radio has a rare opportunity for a motivated, hardworking Producer to join its radio team in London. In this full-time position, the Producer will write, book and direct 4 hours of morning programming for our European breakfast show. In addition, the producer helps produce a 30-minute midday politics show. The Producer helps set the editorial agenda and vision for Bloomberg Radio's European programming. In this role, they will select stories, write scripts, edit audio, and direct the show. Candidates for this opening should have extensive experience in writing and audio storytelling, strong editorial judgment, commitment to detail and the ability to create a positive environment in an extremely fast-paced setting.
This person will demonstrate a creative approach to tasks, have an enthusiastic work ethic and strong multitasking skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- write and edit broadcast scripts focused on U.K. and EMEA stories with global impact
- communicate and coordinate with reporters across the newsroom
- record, cut and mix audio for broadcasts
- direct show anchors from the control room
- write and produce original audio packages and podcasts
- identify and book influential guests for the shows
- develop and execute a social media strategy to promote content
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of mid-major market radio, podcast and/or news production experience
- strong editorial news and production skills
- business news experience preferred
- exceptional broadcast writing skills
- knowledge of Abode Audition audio editing software
- proficiency with newsroom software systems and agility with Windows
- experience with social media tools such as social flow and audiograms
- ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- flexibility to adjust working schedule as business needs require
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org