Enterprise Data Corporate Actions Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101687
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business continues to be a market leader when it comes to providing enterprise content for the financial services industry. Our offering includes best-in-class enterprise data, and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, tools, and high touch client service model.
Reference Data Team:
The Reference Data product offering is foundational and critical to the success of our Enterprise Content business. We have built a best-in-class data product that services client demand for completeness, timeliness, reliability and high-quality reference data. The business is core to our Enterprise Data offering with many data categories including, but not limited to, instrument and entity level reference data, terms and conditions, corporate actions, classifications and corporate structure data. Our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to continue building our Corporate Actions Products. This content is available within the largest financial data marketplace and your role will be to drive client adoption, product expansion and evolve the business within the context of our overall Enterprise Data and Core business. You will bring with you a deep understanding of enterprise content, clients use cases and trading and operational workflows. You are curious, creative and passionate of about building enterprise data products and solutions that solves some of our clients most complex needs. You stay current to the latest industry trends and build partnerships with clients to understand their problems and challenges. You will be responsible for documenting our target client challenges and needs, and then design, prioritize and execute the strategy and product rollout in collaboration with stakeholders.
We'll trust you to:
- Define and articulate clear strategies, goals and initiatives that drive predefined and clearly articulated business outcomes
- Display product management skills and effectively manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Partner with Engineering, Support organization and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Develop a strong relationship with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically solve their challenges
- Be the subject matter expert of the enterprise corporate actions products, as well as the accessibility, usability, quality, tools and services available to clients
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote and attain our desired business outcomes and continuously drive adoption
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3-years experience as an Enterprise Product Manager or related role
- Understanding of Corporate Actions (both mandatory and voluntary) as relates to risk management, custody and accounting processes
- A strong understanding of capital markets, preferably in a broad range of asset classes
- Experience in trading workflows or corporate actions processing
- Direct hands on experience working with financial data products and related content from leading financial data providers
- Understand how enterprise clients identify, test, and evaluate financial datasets across vendors before making purchasing decisions and basic concepts of data pipelines including data lakes, data warehouses, ETL, normalization, linkage, etc.
- Proficient with statistics and data science techniques and tools such as Python, R, cloud computing, SQL preferred
- Understand agile principles and have prior experience working with multiple stakeholders to deliver projects and initiatives
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.