Legal Negotiations Specialist
Posted Mar 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 101710
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Legal Negotiations team has front line responsibility for negotiating the legal terms and conditions of our customer contracts worldwide. Our colleagues depend on us to gain deep product and commercial contract knowledge in order to support them in closing the deal, while protecting our businesses from undue legal risk.
Based in London, you will be an integral part of the Legal department, working closely and supported by your Negotiations colleagues and In-House Counsel. You will be responsible for negotiating licensing agreements and/or electronic trading services with Bloomberg's customers which range from major financial institutions to government entities across a wide range of fin-tech products and services that are dynamic and often cutting-edge. We'll rely on you to build internal partnerships and balance both the needs and drive of Bloomberg Sales and our customers in a time-sensitive environment.
We'll Trust you to:
- Respond to contract inquiries and negotiate legal terms and conditions
- Multitask 30+ contract negotiations and projects at a time
- Support customer tender processes across a range of jurisdictions in EMEA
- Work in close partnership with Legal Counsel, Sales, Product, Contracts and Accounting
- Operate in an open and communicative way with our colleagues during all phases of the negotiation
- Be a quick learner who thrives in an increasingly regulated and fast paced environment
- Stay abreast of business sales and product strategies
- Be an active participant in identifying and supporting projects that continuously improve our own operations and as well as those that streamline processes between us and our business partners.
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Substantial experience in a customer or supplier facing role with a strong negotiation background
- Experience negotiating legal (and commercial) terms & conditions in a customer or supplier facing role
- Experience partnering closely with legal counsel
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and risk and great time-management skills
- Superb work ethic and judgment
- Ability to quickly learn and navigate new technology. Bloomberg’s proprietary technology is an integral part of the contract process workflow
- Adaptability to the changing needs of our business partners and external customers
We'd love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence along with excellent customer service skills
- Experience negotiating software licensing/financial data/technology contracts
- An independent and strategic thinker who is service-oriented, forward-thinking, and eager to learn
- A self-starter who is proactive, independent and solution driven
- An enthusiastic teammate, who is reliable, has a positive can-do attitude and is receptive to and actions feedback
- Someone who enjoys an innovative, challenging and ever-changing environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org