BloombergNEF Metals & Mining Analyst
Posted Mar 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 101777
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Metals & Mining analysis team as an analyst based in London. You're one of those people who have a real passion for commodity markets, and want to be at the edge of change in this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you understand how healthy debates inform solid conclusions.
BNEF is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities.
You will be based in our London office as part of the Metals & Mining analyst team, for BloombergNEF - the world's leading strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our team of experts, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, resource firms, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, short and long-term forecasts, and tools
- Track and understand implications of new technologies and policies on metals demand, supply and prices, in London and broadly the Europe, Middle East and Africa markets.
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior stakeholder
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
We'll trust you to:
- Engage with clients and industry figures to build a reputation for your valuable commentary and analysis of the sector
- Work in a global team with a high degree of professionalism, and with colleagues and clients from different cultures
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
- Contribute to the development of the business
You'll need to have:
- Experience in commodities markets analysis; experience or strong understanding of battery metals
- Exceptional communication skills in English, including reading and writing to conduct research and present your views to clients and media
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data;
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to claims and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once, able to keep up with a demanding, dynamic environment
We'd love to see:
- A degree in sciences, engineering, social sciences, economics or business;
- Post-graduate qualifications or professional experience in material sciences, mining engineering and/or commodities trading
- Proficiency in excel-based python modelling and/or other coding languages are a plus;
- Internship or experience in the commodities, metals and mining
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org