Director, B2B Brand Marketing
New York, NY
Posted Mar 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 101848
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
We’re seeking a Marketing Director to join our Commercial Brand Marketing Team, reporting to our Global Head of Brand Marketing. This candidate will lead the full scope of B2B GTM planning for some of our highest revenue-generating sponsorship opportunities across sub-brands and franchises such as Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg Equality, Bloomberg Crypto and others; they will help identify opportunities to build the reputation of these among B2B audiences, and drive the development of necessary commercial selling tools such as general presentations, sell sheets and sizzle videos.
This person will also be responsible for proactively building, maintaining and improving our broader sales material library including non-franchise cross-platform sponsorship opportunities across categories, our ad product portfolio, case studies, category and platform presentations. The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and visual storytelling ability that enables them to bring complex ideas to life in simplified ways across a vast portfolio of brands and unique offerings.
While this role does not involve direct proposal-writing for client pitches, this candidate should have prior experience in this area to help craft the most compelling stories for commercial decision-makers and to strategically package offerings that will entice prospective partners and grow revenue. They need to be comfortable working in a highly matrixed, fast-paced, global environment, collaborating with stakeholders across internal business units and external partners and agencies. They should be well versed in the B2B advertising/marketing/media landscape, while bringing knowledge of best practices in B2C as we look to synchronize relevant marketing efforts across our target audiences.
This position requires big picture, strategic and creative thinking, an always-be-innovating mentality, as well as first-class executional skills in sales material development and project management.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop GTM strategies/plans for multiple Bloomberg Media sub-brands and franchises.
- Identify tactical opportunities to promote sub-brands and franchises across activities such as campaigns, O&O platforms, industry events, partnerships, PR, other client touch-points.
- Use data and insights to power marketing recommendations, optimization and ROI.
- Build and manage to project timelines around cross-functional marketing activities, and coordinate with necessary stakeholders to centralize and synchronize promotional efforts.
- Manage external vendors and/or internal creative studio(s) on asset development needs.
- Introduce new processes and workflows to improve efficiency and effectiveness of efforts.
- Partake in positioning workstreams and lead storytelling around sub-brands and franchises.
- Lead development of compelling sales materials such as presentations and sell sheets.
- Present to senior management and build consensus around complex ideas and initiatives.
- Storyboard and script B2B sizzle videos, in collaboration with production resources.
- Liaise with stakeholders across editorial, product, PCM and P&I teams on opportunities and packaging of franchise and non-franchise cross-platform sponsorship opportunities.
- Genericize client pitches on new extensions and products relevant to existing franchises.
- Lead programming roll-outs (annual calendars, quarterly updates) across all platforms.
- Develop presentations and other sales materials for our suite of innovative ad products.
- Proactively build and maintain a library of cross-platform partnership case studies.
- Create platform- and category-specific presentations (ex. Bloomberg Social, Radio, TV).
- Serve as liaison between editorial and commercial teams where appropriate, with the goal of monetizing editorial opportunities in a proactive manner
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Media or equivalent
- 8-10 years of marketing experience; hybrid B2B-B2C a plus
- A deep understanding of B2B media landscape and industry trends
- Experience interpreting data and insight from 1st and 3rd party sources
- A strong balance of strategic thinking and executional excellence
- First-class project management skills; ability to multitask and manage to deadlines
- Exceptional presentation skills across formats: PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote
- Outstanding written and visual storytelling skills
- Prior proposal-writing experience at media company/tech platform
- Design experience and working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience in sizzle video development; storyboarding, scriptwriting
- Successful ability to work proactively and independently, while also being part of a team
- A high comfort level presenting to senior management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed, global environment
- Working knowledge of relevant systems/platforms: Salesforce, SmartSheet, Slack
- Full acceptance of our media team culture commitments:
- We take pride in the purpose of our work.
- We promote diversity and inclusion in everything we do.
- We believe in the power of teamwork and collaboration.
- We insist on thinking big, and are ambitious and entrepreneurial in our approach.
- We are customer-obsessed.
- We arrive at great outcomes through thoughtful debate.
- We take full accountability for our work and welcome constructive feedback.
- We have exceptionally high standards for our work.
- We value the well-being of each other and ourselves above all else.
If this sounds like you:
We're eager to speak with you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.