Senior Software Engineer - Trade Automation & Execution (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 101856
Trade Automation & Execution - Contractor
Who are we?
The Trade Automation & Execution group owns a full suite of high fidelity low latency services built on top of some of the most robust open source technologies that provides market leading real time distributed automated trading features for Equities, Fixed Income, Currency, Options and Futures markets. Automated trade execution is a new Bloomberg product to our enterprise clients and our Complex Event Processing (CEP) engine is at the heart of that product. We leverage cutting edge Java stack such as Flink and Storm to drive our computational engines and rely on multiple key technologies such as Kafka, Redis, Clickhouse, Zookeeper to drive our product.
What’s in it for you:
- Become a full-stack guru as you build mission critical trading applications and come up with creative solutions to tough engineering problems.
- Be part of the team that is building the next generation CEP engine utilizing state of the art frameworks cloud technologies like Flink and Kafka
- You will get to learn how robust distributed computing systems are built to ensure low-latency event processing services for our clients in a cloud environment.
- You’ll get to learn and have a chance to work with multiple industry-leading technologies, including, but not limited to, messaging systems, distributed caching and synchronization technologies.
- You will contribute to and eventually drive our market transparency mission forward.
- While engaged in this important mission, we also like to give back to our community and have fun as well. Bloomberg has a significant philanthropic presence, and we regularly represent our organization at multiple local causes.
What you’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience using Java.
- Experience with at least one of the cloud platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure).
- Developed and shipped Apache Flink applications to a production cloud platform.
- A robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms along with experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- A strong sense of ownership and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders to drive projects and initiatives.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
What we’d love to see:
- Experience with scalable and high availability distributed systems.
- Experience with concurrent programming.
- Experience with Kafka, Storm, Avro, Protobuf, Zookeeper.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines that deploy production code to cloud deployments.
- Experience creating, maintaining and operating containers using Docker and Kubernetes.
If you're excited by these challenges, have a passion for technology and an “outside the box” approach to problem solving, we want to talk to you! Submit an application.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.