Senior Supply Chain Data Research Analyst
Posted Mar 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 101964
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we are responsible for providing companies with deep insights into their purchasing and production costs, how to manage procurement expenditures, and helping to identify potential supplier or customer risks. For investment professionals, supply chain analysis can help provide an edge by finding production disruptions at suppliers or spending budget cuts at a company’s customer base. Supply Chain data can help detect positive signals emanating from deep within the supply chains of their current or prospective portfolio holdings. Each member of Global Data has full ownership of their multidisciplinary role: we are nimble, autonomous, fast-paced, and work with purpose. And we’d like you to join us.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support Sales and represent Bloomberg by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions, by resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Supply Chain functionality
- Function as a subject-matter-expert internally and externally by consulting others on the domain
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree (preferably in Finance or Economics)
- At least four years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated domain expertise in one or more data products
- Intimate understanding of how industry players utilize data to drive business decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational competency and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- A master's degree (preferably in Finance or Economics)
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.