Ad Effectiveness Research Specialist
Posted Mar 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 102053
Bloomberg Media makes global business leaders smarter, faster with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data delivered on every platform, across every time zone. Our name means instant credibility whether it is the Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg Television, Bloomberg QuickTake, Bloomberg Radio, Bloomberg Mobile, Bloomberg Businessweek or any of our other platforms. We publish in more places than any other media company does.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a Ad Effectiveness Research Specialist to join its Data Science & Insights team to measure the success and value of commercial content.
You will help a variety of advertisers across a range of industries measure the effectiveness of their advertising across the Bloomberg Media ecosystem. You’ll design, execute and manage research projects in order to prove the value of advertising across Bloomberg ensuring you deliver actionable recommendations to clients.
In addition to being a dedicated measurement partner for sales teams in Europe and the Middle East, many campaigns booked out of the region will be global by nature so experience of managing and analysing multi country studies would be preferential.
Bloomberg Media have a number of technological measurement solutions already in place so you will have the ambition to learn more about data collection and how it complements more traditional research methods. Many of our commercial media partnerships are multi-platform, running across digital, TV, video, print, audio, and sponsored content, so you will have experience developing studies to measure the combined effects of advertising across different formats. Client facing experience would be beneficial.
You are comfortable working in a cross-disciplinary team to interpret client briefs, identify key success metrics and translate into measurement studies. You will work collaboratively with a roster of research agency partners and will have the ability to influence budget.
The role is part of an expansion of Bloomberg Media Studios team and follows significant growth in content partnerships among leading business, finance, technology and luxury brands, as well as large-scale projects for governments and multinationals. As a result, you will frequently be measuring performance among hard to find and niche audiences on a global scale.
Reporting to Bloomberg Media Data Science & Insights Team, this is a busy role within a fast-paced team.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, implement and manage multiple research studies that measure advertising effectiveness across Bloomberg Media's multiplatform portfolio, which includes digital, TV, print, social, radio and sponsored content.
- Devise appropriate research methodologies in line with client KPIs, as well as writing appropriate questionnaires.
- Analyse and present findings internally as well as to clients and agencies.
- Extract key learnings and recommendations to improve an advertiser’s return on investment.
- Forward thinking, looking for new and innovative ways to prove the value of advertising across Bloomberg properties
- Build strong relationships with research partners and panel providers in order to create an efficient process.
- Work closely and collaborate with the Bloomberg Media Studios and Sales team, as well as Bloomberg planning and campaign management, pricing and inventory and project managers to streamline the process and ensure clients KPIs are met.
- Have the ability to build strong relationships to work within a global, multidisciplinary internal team.
You'll need to have:
- 3-5 years of research experience, expertise in media effectiveness and measurement.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Media owner/agency/consultancy experience desirable.
- Ability to explain research methodologies in a straightforward way.
- Broad knowledge of publishing and cross platform communications.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, client-facing, media environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Data savvy.
- Good presenting and storytelling abilities.
This is a great opportunity for a media researcher to take control of Bloomberg Media’s measurement programme, working across all media platforms on a global scale and help shape the future of measurement at Bloomberg Media.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org