Market Specialist - Bloomberg Career Returners
Posted Mar 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 102089
Start Date: As soon as available
The Market Specialist team support the sales teams, serving as subject and market experts within Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of their product. By promoting the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of Bloomberg!
Comprised of former portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, Bloomberg’s team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. The team not only heightens their user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of their sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for their product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to:
- Utilizes your strong market and industry trends knowledge, technical skills, and knowledge to assisting in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise tools.
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can or could use our products and technology to solve them.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this effects both Bloomberg internally as well as our clients.
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients.
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and commercial business goals.
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals.
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience working across financial services as a trader, portfolio manager, sales representative, analyst or similar
- A sound understanding of Fundamental Analysis: financial statements & ratios and company valuation metrics & models
- Practical experience using the terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A willingness to travel across EMEA (6-9 nights a month) as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in one or more European language
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities - for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org