CSOC Triage Analyst (Weekends) - Singapore (12 Month Contract)
Posted Apr 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 102425
***This is a 12 month contract position and the contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.***
We protect Bloomberg.
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security teams work to build and maintain the safest operating environment for Bloomberg’s users. The Triage Analyst's function, within the Cyber Security Operations Center, is considered to be a key pillar in Bloomberg’s security program design and strategy. Are you a motivated technical professional, who has a passion towards cyber security? And are accomplished in a systems- or applications-support role? In this entry role, Bloomberg will provide you the opportunity to apply your current skills, while rapidly developing new ones that are required in the Cyber Security field.
The Bloomberg CSOC is responsible for the detection of cyber threats, and when detected, responsible for the rapid response, across both the diverse lines of business and the global network. The CSOC is an open and collaborative environment, where members work together to identify and address the latest cyber security threats facing the company. The CSOC is to be staffed 24 x 7 x 365, with varying shifts, and multiple tiers of support, ranging from first response teams to the Computer Incident Response Team. You will be providing weekend coverage within the team, working a Saturday-to-Tuesday schedule. Further, there is opportunity to work with these more experienced members on some of the latest cyber security defense technologies.
We'll trust you to:
- Spearhead weekend coverage demonstrating a passion and good judgment as a network defender
- Identify and act as the initial responder to all security events
- Learn and understand the broader security of Bloomberg’s environment
- Monitor for events that match predefined criteria, and respond according to standard operating procedures as well as use good judgment for matters where a procedure doesn’t exist
- Bring to closure a significant majority of events without the involvement of other teams
- Share robust case notes when raising issues in order to help the next team member
- Remain up-to-date with cyber security threats and trends
- Deliver on relevant cyber security metrics and measurements for the role and area of responsibility
- Collaborate directly with colleagues across the firm to resolve security matters while furthering the program’s brand through your constructive and thoughtful approach
- Respond to varying seniority levels of employees and contractors throughout Bloomberg, to address cyber security concerns
- Ensure appropriate coverage for the assigned shift and provide ample awareness to changes to commitments
- Produce and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures
- Generate ideas for continued improvement, including conceptual design of new threat scenarios
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 1+ year of professional work experience in a CSOC Analyst role
- Minimum 1+ year of work experience with enterprise networks and host security controls
- Minimum 1+ year of experience working with operating systems (Windows, Linux, or MAC)
- Deep understanding in a variety of logs, log events, and Splunk
- Previous experience working with a Security Event and Incident Management platform
- Experience working with remote cross-regional teams
- Ability to be autonomous but proactive in reaching out for support
- Solid understanding of computer networks and the TCP/IP stack
- Deep understanding of cyber security trends and potential threats
- Knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs and enterprise Anti-Virus products
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office solutions
- Proven initiative in further growing knowledge in security space
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative
- Dedication and ability to collaborate with team members
- Experience providing superb customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
We'd love to see:
- Work experience within a Cyber Security Operations Center
- Experience with programming / scripting
- Experience with middle-ware web services (IIS, Apache)
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Relevant Certifications in the information security space
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.