Bloomberg Intelligence - Climate/Thematic Analyst
Posted Apr 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 102457
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) provides Terminal users with in-depth analysis, interactive models and data sets on over 135 industries and 2,000 companies.
Teams across asset classes including Equity, Strategy, Credit, Government, Litigation, and ESG generate research that provides investment ideas and products tailored to our client - by investment professionals, for investment professionals.
BI ESG team delivers both bottom up and top down, data-driven and financially-informed ESG research that complements conventional financial analysis and provides critical insights to help investors make better informed investment decision. For example by better understanding how climate change and the energy transition trends increasingly impact industries' landscape, supply chains, companies fundamentals and competitiveness as well as portfolio construction.
We are looking for a highly-motivated research analyst to join our team, focusing on the intersection ESG, Thematic and Financial research.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop a data-driven and financially-informed ESG thematic research franchise
- Leverage Bloomberg data as well as your ESG thematic knowledge to deliver thematic research, models, baskets that always include/highlight investment conclusions
- Explore creating and tracking original thematic basket based on rigorous framework and approach such as revenue exposure to an ESG theme for example
- We currently have a carbon neutral basket, an EV, a Hydrogen and a Future of Proteins basket and seek to expand to other ESG related themes from environmental (biodiversity) to demographics (new gen) or innovation or technology themes with an ESG lens.
- Develop reliable proprietary models that can be updated regularly (for example on a quarterly basis) to track the themes and potentially to share with clients to help them on their journey and understanding
- Strengthen the analysis of ESG themes by analysing the performance and risk/return profile related to the theme on a quarterly basis for example
- Deliver interactive and engaging research – by reacting to market or companies’ announcements related to themes covered and assess and what they may mean.
- Actively promote the research, models, data, baskets or indices to clients and sales via various channels including webinars, events, client meetings but also potentially the media
- Ensure investment implications on companies that may be disrupted or that may benefit are always included in each thematic analysis
You'll need to have:
- Five or more years of ESG or thematic research experience, with exposure to both ESG thematic (climate themes for example) and fundamental financial analysis.
- Experience in sell side would be ideal or buy side and other research providers
- Knowledge of financial markets data, trends, and dynamics
- Ability to be a self-starter, independent-thinker, and a collaborative team-player.
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal would be ideal
- Proficient analytical capabilities in excel and in modelling to drive and support analysis
- Advanced analytical skills, finance and accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Extraordinary primary research and writing skills.
- Understanding of key scientific, policy, and market developments related to various themes that are shaping corporate action, industry landscapes and investment decisions.
We'd love to see:
- Understanding of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance/accounting with solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder.
- Knowledge of ESG, themes including climate and markets
- Excellent data, writing and communication skills: data analysis and visualization creation,
- Strong interest in interacting with Bloomberg customers. Ideally, adept at articulating thematic strategy concepts to senior leadership and investors.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; Intermediate proficiency in Python would be of interest
How we’ll support you:
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning and training opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
D&I Communities & Networks:
Leadership Forums include: Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com