Program Manager / Scrum Master
New York, NY
Posted Apr 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 102894
Bloomberg's Global Finance Operations & Systems Program and Change Management team supports and establishes the frameworks (project/portfolio management, change management and agile/scrum) that drive the ways of working for our SAP Technology and GFOS departments. We support SAP and all related technology including core enterprise, business warehouse and intelligent automation as well business processes including Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Hire to Retire, Payroll and Supply Chain and partner closely with the Bloomberg Global Agile Team.
Are you an expert Program Manager with an agile approach and passionate about demonstrating Program Management standard methodologies to successfully lead large initiatives in an Agile organization, while rolling up your sleeves as a Scrum Master to support highly effective teams and helping them improve how they work while closely partnering with our businesses?
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager/ Scrum Master to join our highly collaborative Program and Change Management Office (PMO/CMO) team. The ideal candidate has strong program management and problem-solving skills, is independent yet collaborative, insightful, is motivated by continuous improvement and communicates clearly.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead large-scale programs (technical and operational) with enterprise-wide influence through effective program governance, cross-team organization, dependency, risk and issue management, and leadership engagement
- Facilitate Scrum Events (Daily Scrum, Refinement, Planning, Review and Retrospective) with a focus on value delivery and continuous improvement
- Act as coach/mentor and partner to scrum team members, product ownership, engineering, and leadership
- As a member of our team – contribute to the evolution and delivery of our frameworks – including scaled scrum, portfolio management, change management and understand the challenges facing our teams and help create solutions to address, while creatively contribute to our community building events
- Interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring accountability, good judgment, flexibility, and a hands-on approach
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of project/program management experience and proficiency with MS Project
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience and proficiency with JIRA
- Leadership facilitation experience to drive senior-level decision making through transparency and data/visualization
- Proven track record to influence and lead with and without authority
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills
- A passion for Program Management, Scrum/scaling scrum and the ability to work in both methodologies, and resolve creative solutions for improved collaboration and continuous improvement
We’d love to see:
- Experience in full lifecycle program management for large-scale ERP implementations (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- Experience implementing agile/scrum to new and existing cross-functional teams – including scaled scrum frameworks (e.g. Scrum@Scale, SAFe, Kanban)
- Understanding of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay and Payroll processes
- Big 4 Consulting experience as well as in-house positions
- Experience with global implementations
- Experience administering Atlassian JIRA in an Agile/Scrum organization
- Ability to travel if the need arises (less than 10% of the time)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.