Equity Data Specialist (6 Month Dispatch Contract) - Seoul
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 102964
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
We are seeking a number of highly motivated individuals with a background in finance to work with our team for 6 months. You will be working as a dispatched worker at Bloomberg in Korea. Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, accounting, economics or a related discipline to begin their finance career.
The project will involve working with Bloomberg's Company Financials team and analysing company financial statements as well as broker estimate data in order to identify specific data points and process them in the internal system. Strong research and analytical skills are required for this role.
The ideal candidates should be fluent in another language (Japanese / Korean) in addition to English.
- Sourcing and validating raw data as well as doing data quality checks
- Analysing company financial statements and identifying specific data points
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Maintaining and enhancing existing database
- Applying problem-solving skills to enhance processes and software
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibilities
- Bachelor or/and Master degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in another language (Japanese / Korean)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience / strong knowledge and understanding of the financial markets
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of improving or developing processes
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast pace changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in client facing environment
We’d love to see:
- Practical experience in interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge/understanding of finance and accounting
- Have passed CFA level 1 or working towards the qualification
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.