Product Analyst - AIM Compliance
New York, NY
Posted May 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 103126
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market that allows clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets, or investment styles on a fully hosted platform, without disruption.
The Bloomberg Buyside Product group is looking for a qualified Product Analyst for its compliance product, to help lead our growth by providing innovative and workflow-driven solutions to clients in the areas of compliance & risk management. The objective of this role is to drive all phases of product development lifecycle, including developing and refining specifications, engaging groups across enterprise for input and prioritization, working with engineering to build product, guiding QA on test scenarios, working with sales and implementations on rollout and soliciting feedback to further refine capability for the AIM Compliance offering.
You will be a key person in the execution of our compliance roadmap and will work closely with other members of Buyside product to ensure we develop seamless products that are in line with our target operating model.
Applicants should possess a deep body of knowledge and experience in the Buy Side compliance space. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of the financial markets, Portfolio management, Order management, trading processes, the competitive landscape, and related technologies. We are looking for a self-driven professional who can provide solutions to help manage our existing business as well as grow the quality and reach of the product. The candidate must demonstrate relevant client facing skills as well as an analytical approach to client requests and possible solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work closely with product managers to drive plans/specifications around Compliance development within AIM.
- Define the requirements for new functionality: working closely with customers, prospects, and internally to collect, document, analyze and translate requirements into detailed documents and plans/instructions for programmers.
- Manage and groom request backlog to help drive requirements and deliver value.
- Explain development plans & guide the process for internal buyside stakeholders (engineering, QA, PMO, other AIM product areas), internal Bloomberg (TSOX, ETS, ETEC, etc.) & external stakeholders (clients & asset servicers)
- Drive rollout of new functionality/enhancements by engaging sales, implementations & clients directly.
- Document clear functional specifications (including SLAs) for each phase of product development
- Stay up to speed regarding regulation & trends that will have an impact on our clients and their compliance workflows in order to thoughtfully craft development plans
- Produce and maintain documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll need to have:
- Deep understanding of the Buyside (OMS) market with specific focus on tools for managing compliance rules & violations as well as understanding of the entire trading life cycle
- Strong experience working with Portfolio Construction and Execution
- Extensive knowledge of the key fundamental data (Fund NAVs, Voting Shares, ¿) required for building and using compliance rules
- Effective communication skills regarding project requirements/scenarios.
- Ability to organize complex projects and understand the dependencies across services to deliver features.
- Willingness to continuously learn about new compliance products, the offering, competitors, the market and how AIM clients will interact with them.
- Ability to engage with different product areas within Bloomberg and ensure roadmap alignment with those areas.
- Strong collaboration skills, self-motivation and be a consensus builder.
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of global compliance laws & regulations (1940 Act, UCITS IV, MIFID II, etc.)
- Proficiency in Portfolio Construction and Execution
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements & client guidelines so that rules can be coded into the software to comply with the requirements/guidelines
- High level understanding of different compliance and regulatory landscape
- Detail-oriented with solid analytic skills with basic knowledge of data visualization methodologies.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and scrum based product development
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
AIM is a full front-to-back trading platform for investment managers used by over 800 firms across 90 countries to manage over 18 trillion dollars in assets. AIM is critical to the daily operations of its clients and needs to be real-time, high-throughput, and highly available.