Advertising Trafficker (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 103227
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, television, radio, print and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Bloomberg Advertising Trafficker will take on a true cross-platform role within our fast-paced advertising operations organization and will contribute to the end-to-end execution of advertising campaigns across television, digital and programmatic platforms.
As part of the overall Global Advertising Operations team, you will have the opportunity to own key aspects of advertising campaigns including activation, yield management, reporting, revenue growth, and strategic-planning and input. A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their unique blend of technical proficiency, analytical approach, organizational skills and creative problem solving to bring media solutions to life and ensure client success.
As a television and digital subject matter expert in support of Bloomberg Media, you will provide insights on product offerings, deal structure and general education. You will have a deep understanding of industry regulations and be comfortable guiding others to improve revenue opportunities in each geo region.
This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial person with an eye for growth to own operations and use the power of data to drive revenue generating recommendations, tactics and strategies across all lines of business.
We will trust you to:
- Have detailed knowledge of the advertising regulations and capable of working consultatively with sales, clients and agencies to foster understanding and adoption of industry specifications and standards
- Traffic and maintain digital display and video, television and programmatic ad campaigns on Bloomberg's multi-media owned & operated platforms and off-platform, ensuring deal terms are met including delivery rates, start and end date, reporting requirements, viewability expectations, etc
- Analyze programmatic data to provide insights and optimizations across all platforms, products, ad types and buyers
- QA campaign assets and creatives against advertising standards and for specifications compliance to ensure accurate functionality
- Provide outstanding customer service for internal partners and external clients/agencies
- Collaborate with sales, ad product and planning teams to understand client KPIs and how we can leverage Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Attend client meetings with the sales team as a key resource for digital and television trafficking, programmatic and technical capabilities
- Lead workflow and communication with cross-functional partners internally and externally to ensure deadlines are met and campaigns have successful outcomes, including for custom ad experiences
- Act as the primary liaison for our sales team and buyers when deal requests are submitted via SSPs, DSPs, ATDs, for all programmatic deal types
- Independently manage pre-sale PG/PMP deal set up, mid-campaign optimizations and post sales opportunity reports, providing feedback
- Collaborate with partners and buyers to resolve issues related to PG/PMP deals, with the ability to determine the root cause of the issue and recommend practical next steps
- Optimize performance, price points and technical set up to drive yield across campaigns to ensure full delivery and improve creative engagement
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in digital trafficking, television trafficking or programmatic operations, preferably on the buy-side
- Understanding of television advertising, programming and structure
- Good knowledge of open exchange RTB environments, programmatic guaranteed, preferred deals, private auctions, networks and other demand partners
- Solid experience with DSPs and/or publisher side ad technology platforms (Google AdX, header bidding, mobile app and video SSPs)
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DV360, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- A thorough understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Eloquent and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- Entrepreneurial approach and strong negotiation skills to proactively scale revenue opportunities
- Attention to detail and ownership of tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a global organization
- Highly developed ability to problem solve, with superior time management skills to ensure we are effectively handling requests and deadlines both internally and externally
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.