Senior Software Engineer
Posted May 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 103305
Every day, trillions of dollars pass through the Bloomberg Terminal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of financial professionals rely on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets.
As engineers, we're the ones who build the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. We connect supply and demand across all asset classes on worldwide exchanges. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth of our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development lifecycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
- We’re incredibly proud of our culture and collaboration sits at the centre of how we operate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and locations on a global scale, both virtually and in person.
- Engineers at Bloomberg actively shape the direction of our technology and products, helping drive innovation in the financial markets.
- Frankfurt is one of 11 engineering hubs at Bloomberg, since being established in 2014 Frankfurt has enjoyed consistent growth, now with 140 employees and 70 in engineering, the office has become an integral part of Bloomberg's global tech communities and initiatives.
- Since 2021 we’ve been employing a hybrid work model, which gives our engineers flexibility but also allows us to foster team spirit and collaboration across teams.
- We’re big advocates of getting together and sharing ideas, our Frankfurt office holds regular internal and external tech, social and philanthropic events to strengthen our relationships with the local community.
- Our Frankfurt office is in the heart of the city, it's also newly refurbished, so for the days that you’re in the office you can enjoy state of the art facilities, which include a fully stocked pantry serving breakfasts and lunches.
Alongside a great culture, we also offer Frankfurt employees a comprehensive list of benefits, which include:
- 100% coverage on health insurance costs for employees and eligible family members
- 30+ days holiday per year
- Endless opportunities to participate in philanthropic events and charity days
- Sponsorship for continuous education and professional development
- Sponsorship to attend external events and global conferences
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community. You might love to work with open source software. We interact with the open source communities by contributing changes where we can. You will also be able to take part in related meet-ups and conferences
You'll need to have:
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Demonstrated experience as a software engineer using C++ or Python
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages such as C# or Java
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply below!
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility email@example.com.