Cash Disbursement Representative
New York, NY
Posted May 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 103766
The Bloomberg North America Cash and Treasury Team, based in New York City, is part of Bloomberg LP Global Finance and SAP Solutions Group. We are responsible for ensuring we have adequate and efficient banking structures that allow for optimal liquidity management, together with fast, accurate and adaptable payment delivery channels.
We are a strategic partner for the organization, enabling the company to keep investing, and be in a position to take fast and innovative decisions in multiple countries. This role is instrumental in being part of projects, that help the department remain agile, forward thinking and successful.
What’s in it for you:
- Being part of a team that reports directly to the North America Cash Disbursement Team Leader.
- Having responsibility for the management of cash, liquidity and payment disbursement for your portfolio, which will include issuing and reviewing payments
- Working with the Cash and Risk/Compliance Teams, to ensure payment compliance is observed
- Monitoring the status of executed payment files, ensuring payment or connectivity errors are handled effectively and efficiently
- Supporting the escheatment process by: running reports, verifying check status, obtaining copies of documents for support and working with the Domestic Tax Team to ensure procedures are followed
- Assisting internal and external audits, by obtaining proof of payments, preparing paperwork, providing support and engaging with auditors
- Receiving and handling internal and external payment inquiries, towards resolution on a timely manner
- Assisting the Accounts Payable Team on the GL reconciliation process
- Reviewing and handling outstanding items, working closely with both the Cash Control and Accounts Payable Teams
- Accessing banking portals to enter stop payments, manual payments, positive pay management
- Regularly reviewing manual processes and providing solutions for automation
- Working closely with the Supplier Lifecycle Management Team, ensuring that banking information in the vendor master, is appropriately maintained within the ERP system
- Being involved in treasury initiatives and projects that will enhance controls and efficiencies within the cash and payment space, including reporting.
- Having the opportunity to gain exposure to various groups in the company.
- Bringing new ideas to the table and suggesting an environment where they can be tested and implemented.
- Assisting the Cash and Risk Team in the bank account opening and closing processes
We will trust you to:
- Participate and contribute to the development of the groups strategies.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships within the finance teams and key partners.
- Provide input in establishing effective, accurate and sustainable payment solutions.
- Monitor risk and controls.
You need to have:
- Cash Management experience, preferably with a large multinational corporation.
- Experience in liquidity and account management.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience in EDI and/or SWIFT payment messaging.
- A good knowledge of North America banking and payment regulations.
- The ability to prioritize a high volume of activities and to meet deadlines.
- The desire to work in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent communication skills to provide key information in a structured, engaging and pertinent way to various audiences.
- The ability to function with large units of data, specially using Microsoft Excel: creating pivot tables, using ‘vlook-up’ and ‘sumif’ formulas.
We’d love to see:
- The willingness to have a hands-on and can do approach whenever needed.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.