Data Analyst - Hedge Funds
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 103810
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Bloomberg’s Hedge Funds Data team is looking for a technologist to join its team in New York. As part of the Hedge Funds Data team, you’ll work alongside a Team Leader to use feedback based on your knowledge of the dataset to enhance the product’s data model, configure ETL pipelines, and contribute to a codebase of business rules to ensure that the product’s workflows deliver comprehensive, timely, and accurate data to power the Bloomberg Terminal while maintaining a knowledge of funds data through data processing and client engagement.
We'll trust you to:
- Use technologies to extract insight from large or complex data sets as needed to make informed business decisions about our datasets
- Work with subject matter experts to enrich the funds data using technical tools
- Maintain a working knowledge of the fund data space by processing data for your assigned fund coverage and answering client questions.
- Leverage knowledge of the funds dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies
You'll need to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant degree
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working within the data management, FinTech, or technology sectors
- Proficiency with Git, SQL, and Python
- Experience with working with JSON formatted objects
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in data management and the asset management industry
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation
- Prior experience configuring or developing microservices in a business environment.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.