Structured Credit Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Jun 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 104344
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg News is seeking a driven reporter to help cover the $13 trillion U.S. structured credit market, where Wall Street turns to finance everything from home mortgages to big-city office towers and multi-billion-dollar private equity buyouts. You would be based in New York and part of a credit markets team that is passionate about breaking news and setting the agenda. We want reporters who love to collaborate with teammates to nail down a scoop. And we would expect you to be just as comfortable writing for a core audience of market insiders as you are cutting through the jargon for a general business news reader.
A successful candidate will have:
- At least three years of business reporting and writing experience and a love for untangling complex topics
- The ability to chase down the details of a new structured debt offering and write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Proven experience in developing sources to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- A knack for writing insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- A desire to broaden your audience by discussing your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg QuickTake
- A desire to collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally as well as platforms including Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and Bloomberg QuickTake.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).