Asia TV Managing Editor - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 104672
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do unrivaled work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Television is seeking a Managing Editor to oversee editorial and newsgathering across Asia. The role is based in our Hong Kong hub and reports to our global head of newsgathering and content.
The Managing Editor is a high-paced role that requires an individual able to think on their feet, distill information and communicate clearly. You will be responsible for providing editorial direction and support to the newsroom, for forward planning and assignments, for managing field productions across Asia and for driving visual storytelling. You should have a deep understanding and knowledge of business news and the ability to bring regional stories alive for a global audience. You will have a strong grasp of TV newsroom planning and coordinating with multiple stakeholders across platforms. You will thrive under the pressure of deadlines and be willing to jump into the trenches during breaking news. As Managing Editor you'll need to help steer the experienced while nurturing emerging talent, helping them to grow their skills.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure our editorial content is on point and meets Bloomberg's standards
- Be responsible for the planning of daily and longer-term news events, including field productions
- Drive visual storytelling through production of video and graphics
- Manage resource and assignments
- Promote Asia TV content across our global shows and media platforms
- Guide and grow the team, provide regular feedback
- Communicate effectively with multiple teams across Bloomberg News
- Work and thrive under deadline pressure while juggling different priorities
You'll need to have:
- At least 7 years of newsroom experience
- Proven recent and relevant business news desk experience
- Experience working in a live news environment
- Strong news judgement with a focus on global business and economics
- Experience working with video and other visual elements
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility in working hours, including early starts
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.