Accounts Payable Representative - North America
New York, NY
Posted Jun 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 104698
There are many responsibilities involved in running a business successfully, but maintaining strong control over Accounts Payable is among the most crucial. We are the team to ensure that company's payables are legitimate and accurate, and we provide a professional customer service to internal and external stakeholders, as well as consistently maintain controls. In this role you will be working on various aspects of Accounts Payable processing in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for processing invoices, running ad-hoc tasks, controls and projects assigned to you and to provide a positive experience for those you work with. In order to be successful, you will need strong attention to detail and be an excellent problem solver. You have the ability to balance high workload yet understand the importance of controls. You have excellent communication and prioritization skills, an ability to present ideas about process improvements and to question status quo. You thrive in a dynamic, open-plan, team environment, and you know what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain Purchase Ledger for North America
- Ensure invoices scanned into the system are reviewed with accuracy, errors actioned and completed within our established SLAs
- Process high volume of invoices and ensure discrepancies detected are addressed within departmental SLAs established
- Ensure invoices are compliant, and that they are allocated to the accurate department, company code, vendor, Purchase Order (where applicable), and tax code
- Expertly take care of various internal partners and vendor queries on a timely manner, including responses to payment related issues
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines for ad hoc accounting tasks, projects, controls, and month end activities
- Maintain level of professionalism when providing support/feedback within the team, Procure to Pay teams and internal/external stakeholders
- Actively encourage/reinforce the use of self-servicing options to our internal and external stakeholders
- Learn, monitor and handle internal processes at departmental level, troubleshot errors and be accountable to deliver to stakeholders, vendors and management with excellence
- Actively engage and adapt to various technology options – to drive greater automation and efficiencies
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous work experience with Accounts Payable (3-5 years)
- Invoice processing knowledge
- Effective corporate communications skills, both mutual and writing
- Excellent time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills – pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Knowledge of basic Financial and Accounting terminology
- Written and verbal fluency in English
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum framework
- Chinese or Japanese a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.