Senior Software Engineer - Company Data Platform
Posted Nov 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 104707
For over 35 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, for the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions. The Company Financials Data Platform teams within Bloomberg cover complex time-series data sets for Global Financial Markets including company reports as well as broker estimates for the Bloomberg Terminal. There are thousands of data fields each resulting in billions of data points spanning years contributing to terabytes of storage.
The team provides storage solutions for large multi-dimensional datasets and the systems to find, transform, understand and visualize the available data. We use message queues for high-speed data ingestion, distributed computing for enhanced business analytics, as well as big data and distributed caching to provide high performance access API. Collectively, the systems provide enhanced business analytics and data insights allowing our customers to make savvy financial decisions. You’ll gain a deep understanding of multi-dimensional data modeling and processing, how to architect high-performance low latency backend systems, and intuitive visual design.
We’ll trust you to:
- Define & design large scale distributed systems that can be used for interactive as well as batch use cases.
- Support systems at all stages of the software life cycle
- Evaluate upcoming open-source technologies for distributed computing and integrate such that our platform improves and scales better.
- Interact with infrastructure, business, and data teams to produce client requirements for next generation product development.
- Take ownership of technical solutions
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience with application programming, building large scale distributed systems, data structures, algorithms and all phases of the software life cycle.
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python, C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in delivering high performance production quality software to clients.
- Functional understanding of distributed systems architecture.
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of distributed computing platforms like Kafka, Spark etc.
- Familiarity with caching and search systems such as Redis or Apache Solr
- Experience with Docker and continuous integration
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.