Third Party Partnership Manager – Index Data
New York, NY
Posted Jun 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 104769
Bloomberg runs on data. Data drives the market. In our Global Data business, we supply it. The Content Acquisition department is responsible for sourcing, acquiring, and integrating data from Third Party content partners such as Exchanges, Brokers and other critical market data providers to drive value to our Bloomberg customers.
Third Party content providers want to leverage the Bloomberg Terminal to display and market indices for their clients. Clients require index providers to display indices on the Bloomberg Terminal for regulatory reporting purposes, and to help inform investment decisions. Bloomberg is focused on developing trusted partnerships with Third Party index data providers’ that produce valuable data sets, and developing innovative ways for Bloomberg and our clients to both onboard and consume the content.
Bloomberg is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, and experienced individual to join the Third-Party Commercials team in our Content Acquisition department. The Third-Party Commercials team is responsible for identifying, acquiring, onboarding and maintaining relationships with Third Party content partners that create value to our Terminal and Enterprise customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a highly topical and fascinating function, where both traditional OTC data, Index data and evolving Alternative Data are at the forefront of the minds of financial market players.
The key aspect of this market-facing position is to establish and maintain mutually beneficial strategic business relationships with premium data providers across the world to enhance and expand the value Bloomberg brings to the market data ecosystem.
We’ll trust you to:
- Establishing data acquisition strategies across various data categories, market mapping, data hunting, and pipelining of prospective data sources
- Negotiating masterfully, and executing on scalable commercial models, working closely with our Contracts and Legal teams
- Managing the end-to-end lifecycle of data acquisition policies, from documentation to revenue reporting
- Developing strong partnerships with new and existing content partners and market data organizations
- Building relationships with various product areas in order to deliver on immediate requirements fast and anticipate future needs
- Make informed recommendations to internal clients and stakeholders
- Drive conversations with third party index providers to the right solutions at Bloomberg for their data
- Analysing the impact of new products and ensuring content adheres to a strong internal data governance framework
- Collect and communicate market feedback to help inform the ongoing data partnership value proposition
- Attend and represent Bloomberg at relevant industry events, as applicable
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's level degree in Finance/Economics or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of data vendor or account management experience, including exposure to financial market data companies
- Solid knowledge of the institutional investment market structure, across asset classes, and specifically in the Index space
- Exposure to prospecting and development of new data sources, leading contract negotiations, and defining compelling commercial models
- Strong relationship management skills and the proven ability to effectively partner across various internal stakeholders to achieve the intended business outcome
- Self-starter with demonstration of product/idea generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to multitask
- Prior experience with Alternative Data preferred, such as in the programmatic advertising or investment analytics industries
- Prior experience in a start-up/early-stage company a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.