Metadata Analyst - Bloomberg Data Dictionary
Posted Jun 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 104800
Data has become a central component of all financial services businesses. Bloomberg plays a significant role by delivering normalized data to thousands of our clients.
Bloomberg Data Dictionary Team:
Metadata is the key to using the data. It helps our clients discover and use Bloomberg data products.
We are in the midst of taking our metadata models to the next level using graph technologies. The goal is to improve existing models so that clients and internal applications can easily find and ingest Bloomberg data, which in turn increases our revenues.
This role is central to building Unified Metadata Model (UMM). The UMM will form the basis of all field metadata across Bloomberg. The metadata analyst will work with large structured data models and data sets to tackle sophisticated business demands. The analyst will help build and maintain the integrity of UMM by working with Engineering, Global Data and Product organizations.
In this exciting role we expect you to understand existing and new data content, and map it to appropriate metadata. You will identify all issues, and implement methods/processes to improve them.
The metadata analyst will have a high level of business, communication, and organization skills, so that they can work optimally with multiple internal partners and external clients.. You will present the output of your metadata models to business users (both non-technical and technical).
What’s in it for you:
- Fast growing business area
- Broad scope to understand and specify metamodel for a leading company
- Use new technologies including Semantic Models and Knowledge Graphs
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand client use cases for Bloomberg data and develop new data models for financial data
- Work with internal stakeholders to add and update metadata
- Evaluate the verity of metadata, and ensure that clients can use it in conjunction with data
- Take ownership for correcting issues with current metadata
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably at a financial services firm, fintech or a data provider
- Solid grasp of financial data
- Professional experience in data or metadata modelling
- An interest to learn about new technologies including RDF and Linked Data
- Bachelor degree in finance, business, data analytics or economics
- This role can be based out of our NYC or Princeton, NJ office
We’d love to see:
- Python programming experience
- An understanding of or prior exposure to Bloomberg data
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.