Enterprise Technology - Implementation Team Leader EMEA
Posted Jun 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 104875
Who We Are:
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of the connection network which supports virtually all Bloomberg Enterprise products.
For clients who self-implement, we provide strong technical expertise to ensure they build appropriately. Clients who choose to code against our published specifications to automate their workflows require a strong technology representative at Bloomberg to guide and advise them. System to System automation is becoming increasingly important in the capital markets and our technical implementation teams ensure customers do it correctly. Our implementation teams work with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, ATS venues and more. We also ensure optimal performance through internal interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, and Engineering.
We are results-oriented and set ourselves ambitious business goals. We cultivate a culture where you will work with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with and this is regarded as more important than titles or position.
What’s the role?
As an Implementation Team Leader you will be leading a team supporting our growing business. Your team will be responsible establishing connections between our clients and Bloomberg's world-class applications. More importantly, the team will act as a technology partner and advisor to clients working to automate against those connections. Your team will ensure clients are implemented in a timely and appropriate manner. We support many business lines in the firm so our teams cut across numerous technologies and protocols. Typical engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, batch based processes, FpML, SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, TCP/IP, FTP and Web API’s. Your team will manage projects and help certify clients against ever evolving workflows and a variety of technical protocols. Your role will be to ensure we are managing these projects effectively and efficiently. You will also ensure your team is appropriately cross training and engaging in on-going skill development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead and handle implementations activity working alongside various internal teams
- Work to continuously develop best practices and enhance efficiency
- Manage your team so that our clients get implemented quickly and correctly
- Ensure your team partakes in ongoing training and development
- Hold your team accountable not only as technical advisors but also project managers
- Handle your time effectively and to multi-task in a fast paced, performance driven environment
- Be responsible for the successful completion of projects month in and month out
You'll need to have:
- A technology background, with programming / scripting experience
- Experience in various communication protocols and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive successful engagements with customers
- Capital Markets knowledge with understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle client expectations and escalations
- Exposure to various Bloomberg Enterprise products such as OMS, PORT, Risk, Electronic Trading
We'd love to see:
- Specific knowledge of TCP/IP, FTP, MQ
- Substantial experience with FIX, XML, FpML, SWIFT and Web API’s
- Project Management experience or Certification
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com