2022 Data Specialist Graduate Program (Vietnamese Speaker) - Singapore
Posted Jul 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 105107
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in processing and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, making the role diverse and providing an opportunity for continuous learning.
We’ll trust you to:
- Extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies in accordance with established methodologies
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products such by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Analyse internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
This is an entry level role that you’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields or relevant experience in Finance & Technology, and the ability to join a training class in 2022 (Candidates graduating between June 2021 to September 2022)
- A demonstrated interest in financial markets along with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- A demonstrated capability in data management, data processing, data analysis, and associated tools & technologies
- Stakeholder management exposure through school or work/internship
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products
- Solid attention to detail and experience in problem solving through school/work/internship
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions which improves process efficiency
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English
- Business proficiency and fluency in Vietnamese to manage the respective clients.
We’d love to see:
- Experience in audit, assurance, corporate finance and/or financial market research
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Solid understanding of VBA and/or SQL
This is a future opportunity in our 2022 graduate hiring program.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.