Senior Web Fullstack Engineer- Data Web Discovery Platform Team
New York, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 105358
Who We Are:
The world's largest financial institutions require vast amounts of data to help their clients manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. Bloomberg Enterprise Data provides these institutions a platform to make hundreds of thousands of requests for data spanning the full range of the financial industry each day. Supporting this translates to billions of data points that flow through our system daily, including Equities, Commodities, Bonds, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference Data. To meet the demand, the Data License department is responsible for gathering, transforming, and delivering all the data our clients need through a distributed workflow platform, microservices, and web integrations via our Bloomberg Enterprise Data (https://data.bloomberg.com/). We are looking for software engineers to join us.
The Data License Data Web Discovery & Platform team is a full-stack engineering team. We are responsible for delivering the web platform that enables our clients to discover, self-service and onboard Bloomberg Enterprise Data. Our portal provides an end-to-end client experience including product, dataset and metadata discovery, custom dataset creation and self service for application integration. We work closely with our business partners, UX designers and clients to deliver intuitive features and powerful workflows that enable our customers to explore and acquire the data they need.
Our web infrastructure consists of the client-facing web portal (https://data.bloomberg.com/) and the RESTful APIs ( https://data.bloomberg.com/docs/HAPI ), which provide a variety of data access methods to the clients. We build our products and platform using the combination of open source, third-party and in-house technologies. Here are some examples of our technologies:
- Python, Flask, Gunicorn for developing the web services in microservice architecture
- Solr as the search engine
- Kafka for low-latency, high-performance messaging
- Redis for session management
- NX as the build system for monorepo support
- Docker, Jenkins for CI/CD management
- Matomo for data analysis
You'll need to have:
- Experience in developing web applications and Restful APIs with high quality of code and tests
- Interested in problem solving and be able to communicate and collaborate with multiple teams to accomplish the tasks
- BA, BS, MS or PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
We'd love to see:
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React, webpack, Jest, NodeJS
- Experience with web service technologies such as Gunicorn, Flask
- Knowledge of supporting technologies such as Postgres, SQLAlchemy, Kafka, Docker, Solr, NGINX, Redis, Jenkins
- Experience in architecture design for stable and scalable web platform
- Experience implementing microservice architectures and distributed systems
- Experience in search optimization and relevancy engineering
- Experience implementing web application analytics
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus