Reporter - Kuala Lumpur
Posted Jul 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 105379
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is seeking a well-connected, self-starting reporter in Kuala Lumpur. You have a track record of breaking news and uncovering trends in Malaysia's corporate sector for our global finance and online audience and enjoy finding creative ways to show how developments fit into a bigger picture of global relevance.
You have a strong news judgement/reporting skills, an ability to file clean and accurate copy, a can-do and collaborative attitude so to work toward a common goal with colleagues in the Kuala Lumpur newsroom and across the ASEAN region. You will also deliver fast and insightful stories that go beyond headline figures and work across multiple formats from print, TV and podcasts.
We'll trust you to:
- Be the main reporter for corporate and business coverage in Malaysia, with an ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Cover briefings and announcements from companies and regulators
- Develop sources in the corporate sector and among regulators to produce exclusive stories that will affect investors in Malaysia
- Produce stand-back features to highlight the biggest shifts happening in Malaysian business
- Work as a key member of the Kuala Lumpur bureau, including doing bureau shifts
- Work together with data-driven news and breaking news teams to take responsibility of company releases
- Be organized and vigilant in planning coverage needs on your beat
- Be ready to jump on any story or assignment, big or small, as needed
- Be comfortable with using technology and new tools
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in reporting
- Knowledge of how financial markets, the economy and corporations function
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work with data, comfort with numbers
- Proven flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing job requirements
We'd love to see:
- Experience of working on data journalism
- Additional language skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.