Solutions Engineer - Environment Support Solutions (Contract)
Posted Dec 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 105420
***This is a one year contract***
The Environment Support Solutions team is looking to take Operations to the next level in automation by reducing manual procedures, providing automatic remediation solutions and adding more self service options to manage growing demand for support from Engineering teams. This is the first step in enforcing standardization across shifts, encapsulating legacy knowledge and reducing the mean time to recovery during software/hardware failures. In order to meet these goals, we are expanding our team.
We work within the ENG TI Operations Organization responsible for providing 24X7 support for applications, application owners and occasionally extending support for OS/Hardware related issues.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your engineering skills to study the current procedures, design workflows with no or minimal human interactions, get approval from stakeholders, develop, test, deploy and provide after deployment support
- Provide documentation and training to operators on the modified procedures
- Develop/follow best programming practices and mentor other members of the team
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions with the team and management
- Follow agile development methodology (SCRUM) for managing projects and commitments
- Provide ongoing on call support for our products
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 3 years of Python scripting with at least 2 years of Python3 programming experience
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Advanced integration and automation skills
- Prior development experience using agile methodology, GIT under Linux environment with a proficiency in Korn, Bash shell scripting
- Basic knowledge of Chef, Ansible and Salt, Databases (Berkeley, PostgreSQL), CI /CD pipeline, Machine learning, Data analytics, transformation and Qlik sense reporting
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.