ENG Program Manager - Enterprise Connectivity (Consultant)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 105468
Bloomberg is all about putting data in the hands of decision makers. We bring together data from across the globe in real time and present it to our customers through the Bloomberg Terminal. However, in this increasingly connected digital world, our customers need to bring data into their own applications through data feeds and APIs.
The goal of Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration (BCI) group is to provide a platform for customers to integrate Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive software systems.
Our Connectivity teams focus on developing stable, secure and scalable infrastructure to support key connectivity protocols for transferring data. We build elastic connectivity that can endure high throughput under heavy volume, and manage using self-service tools over our large-scale distributed systems and network.
What’s the Role?
As an Engineering program manager, you will be responsible for running our strategic programs around adoption of new connectivity solutions for external and internal clients, and drive these initiatives across different engineering groups. We’re looking for highly analytical individuals with strong communication and project management skills, who can partner with engineers to onboard new and existing users to our new connectivity infrastructure.
We’ll Trust you to:
- Plan major programs and socialize them with key stakeholders, coordinate with engineering and service teams to drive adoption of new technology, implementation efforts, and standardization of technology and process.
- Leverage your technical experience and background to analyze systems we integrate with, identify dependency and gaps. Review the alignment of our solution with the business strategy and drive initiatives to constantly raise the bar of our capabilities.
- Manage day-to-day projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Coordinate and run quarterly Agile planning across multiple teams
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process execution with a focus on agile development practices.
- Experience in full life-cycle project management for large-scale system implementation, across multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to articulate and get buy-in from senior stakeholders.
- Excellent organization skills to run programs and projects, socialize initiatives and track timelines
- Technical knowledge to understand and analyze distributed systems, and ability to discuss technical concepts, evaluate trade-offs and devise innovative solutions with engineers
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter and able to drive and take projects across the finish line
We'd love to see:
- Exposure to connectivity protocols like FTP and HTTP
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Innovative mind-set, generate ideas to overcome challenges.
- Experience delivering in a dynamic and rapidly changing, technical environment.
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. If this sounds like you, apply! You can also learn more about the products we build at
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org