Head of Lifecycle Marketing, Subscription Growth
New York, NY
Posted Jul 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 105478
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF THE ROLE
We’re seeking a highly-motivated marketing leader to join our Consumer Marketing team, reporting to our Head of Lifecycle Marketing. In this role, you’ll lead global subscription growth marketing initiatives across our owned & operated channels. You’ll work with partners across the company to design innovative marketing strategies, and you’ll lead a high-functioning team to execute across email, app, and on-site to grow our customer file, surface new monetization opportunities, and scale winning conversion strategies to accelerate our business.
The right person for this role will be a marketing athlete with deep expertise in CRM/lifecycle marketing. You’ll be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. You are a creative, innovative problem solver who always puts the customer first. You are a natural relationship-builder who can knock down walls and build bridges with cross-functional partners like Analytics, Finance, Editorial, Commercial Sales, and more. You’re always on top of the latest digital trends and bring new ideas to the table, and you have a personal interest in news and current events.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Drive the roadmap, strategy and execution of how we attract, engage and convert our prospect audience across owned & operated channels globally
- Build and mentor a strong team of marketers and functional experts to work across email, app, and .com
- Grow and maintain our prospective customer file and own list health KPIs
- Pioneer our expansion into new owned marketing channels, including web and app push, SMS, and in-app
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Product, Commercial Sales, Research, and more to pursue new monetization opportunities
- Drive constant ‘test and learn’ methodology to improve our lifecycle program conversion rate, leveraging customer segmentation and personalization
- Define goals and critical metrics to track performance of our growth marketing program
- Engage with Analytics to develop regular reporting and play a key role in business reviews (QBRs/MBRs), plus lead annual planning and budgeting
- Collaborate with Editorial to leverage content to drive engagement and conversion
- Own key vendor relationships and serve as the business owner of our CRM tech and data stack
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, including deep expertise in CRM
- 1-2 years of people management experience with both direct and indirect reports
- Comprehensive marketing knowledge and experience across multiple channels and across all platforms (mobile/desktop web, app, connected devices, etc.)
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience and/or subscriptions experience a plus, especially in media
- Ability to work at a “heads up” strategic level and “heads down” tactical level, owning both strategy and execution while driving operational excellence.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of omni-channel communication platforms and customer data & analytics platforms such as Braze, Iterable, Salesforce, ActionIQ, Amplitude, Looker, Tableau, Appsflyer
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to illustrate impact and drive decision making.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills with an eye for good email & ad copy.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Naturally strong marketing instincts with the ability to empathize with our audience.
- Stay on-top of industry trends and best practices, ensuring the team is focused on the right opportunities.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org