Indonesia Government Stringer
Posted Jul 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 105484
Bloomberg is seeking a full-time political stringer in Jakarta to report on stories for our global audience. The successful candidate would cover major shifts happening in Indonesia's government, from regulatory reforms to infrastructure investments and commodities policy.
We're looking for a self-starting journalist with a well-developed network in Indonesia's cabinet and political parties as the country heads toward the 2024 national elections. The successful candidate would mainly be stationed at parliament or the presidential office to keep up with the constant and spontaneous flow of news there.
Considering the constant and spontaneous flow of news coming from parliament and the presidential office, it is crucial for us to have someone who can be stationed at these sites for unscheduled doorstops and press conferences. It is also important for us to hire a reporter with a deep network in the political parties to ensure we maintain strong access into the country's next leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Stay on top of the biggest political and economic developments in Indonesia
- Cover daily events including in parliament, the presidential palace and other sites as needed
- Break news on political moves and government policy changes
- Work as a key member of the Jakarta bureau, including pitching in on any story or assignment as needed
You'll need to have:
- A broad network of sources in parliament, the government and political parties
- A track record of breaking news and securing exclusive interviews
- Good understanding of the intersection between politics and money
- Strong commitment to accuracy and the best journalistic practices
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with how financial markets, the economy and corporations function
- Experience with real-time news reporting
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.