Ad Operations - Programmatic Platform Manager (8-Month Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jul 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 105500
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, television, radio, print and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Programmatic Platform Manager will have a deep understanding and expertise on platform functionality, industry trends and data analysis to increase revenue and support Bloomberg's programmatic strategy and vision. The role will provide insights on product offerings, deal structure and general programmatic education.
A qualified candidate will have the opportunity to use their outstanding blend of technical proficiency, analytical approach, entrepreneurial skills and creative problem solving to bring programmatic media solutions to life and ensure client success.
This is an amazing opportunity for a bold person with an eye for growth to own operations and use the power of data to drive revenue generating recommendations, tactics and strategies across programmatic lines of business.
We will trust you to:
- Act as the primary liaison for internal sales and external clients when deal requests are submitted via SSPs, DSPs, ATDs, for all programmatic deal types
- Independently run pre-sale Programmatic Guaranteed (PG)/Private Marketplace (PMP) deal set up, mid-campaign optimizations and post sales opportunity reports, providing feedback to our clients
- Work with buyers/agencies to resolve issues related to PG/PMP deals, with the ability to figure out root cause and recommend concrete next steps
- Optimize performance, price points and technical set up to drive yield across campaigns and SSPs to ensure full delivery and increase creative engagement
- Analyze programmatic data to provide insights and optimizations across all platforms, products, ad types and buyers
- Provide outstanding customer service for internal partners and external buyers/agencies, working consultatively to champion understanding and adoption of industry standard methodologies
- Collaborate with sales, ad product, ad performance and planning teams to understand client critical metrics and how we can use Bloomberg assets to drive success
- Attend client meetings with our sales team as a key resource for programmatic and technical capabilities
- Lead workflow and communication with cross-functional partners internally and externally to ensure campaigns have successful outcomes, including for custom ad experiences
- QA campaign creative for spec compliance and accurate functionality
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in programmatic operations, preferably on the buy-side
- Expertise in open exchange RTB environments, programmatic guaranteed, preferred deals, private auctions, ad networks and other demand partners
- A real passion for and proven experience with DSPs and/or publisher side ad technology platforms (Google AdX, header bidding, mobile app and video SSPs)
- Experience working in Google Ad Manager as well as with third party ad servers (DV360, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Celtra, etc) and ad-verification vendors (Integral Ad Science, DoubleVerify, MOAT, etc)
- A detailed understanding of advertising performance metrics
- Eloquent and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including sales and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- A commercial approach and strong negotiation skills to proactively scale revenue opportunities
- Attention to detail and ownership of tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a global organization
- Dedication to problem solving, with outstanding leadership skills to ensure we are effectively handling requests and meeting client expectations
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org