Japan Transport Reporter - Tokyo
Posted Jul 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 105596
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Industries in upheaval from electrification and automation, corporate intrigue and some of the most recognizable companies in the world. If these topics interest you, read on.
Japan's carmakers face a tectonic shift toward electrified and autonomous driving, which has implications for businesses ranging from auto-parts suppliers and airlines, to conglomerates and electronics makers that have a stake in their future. Changing investor demands in everything from environmental standards and governance is also forcing change upon companies that haven't changed for years.
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced reporter to cover transport, supply chain and industrial companies in Japan. You should be equally comfortable developing sources and securing executive interviews, as well as coming up with new ideas for coverage and finding fresh ways to tell a compelling story.
We're looking for someone with a track record of breaking news, and the ability quickly grasp the essence of a news story and act quickly to bring it to our global audience.
The ideal candidate should be able to converse and write in Japanese and English, and understand the challenges and opportunities of working in a multilingual environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on transport, supply chain and industrial companies in Japan
- Identify and jump on big stories on companies and wider themes
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and broader region
- Be able to write for investors and general audiences alike, telling stories across multiple platforms, from print to TV
- Advocate for our readers, ensuring that stories are told in the most appropriate and creative format
- Promote diversity of thought and representation throughout our coverage
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of five years of journalism experience
- Experience in Business journalism, ideally in covering carmakers, suppliers, transport, industry
- Proven ability to build sources
- Track record of team work and collaboration
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in Japanese language
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.