Media Technology Engineering Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Jul 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 105641
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Engineering Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We are looking for an experienced VMWare specialist with strong technical and communication skills to join the Media Technology Infrastructure team. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and collaborative team focused delivering high quality service and support for infrastructure powering the Bloomberg Media Enterprise for linear and digital platforms. The team works with a hybrid of IT and Media Broadcast technologies in providing optimized and scalable systems powering our global TV, Radio, and OTT newsrooms and distributions. You will be a critical member of a select team that supports and pilots’ new technologies in our continuously expanding content creation and delivery systems.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Manage Broadcast owned VMWare infrastructure within campus
- Plan and execute projects for expansion and upgrades of all VMware products
- Respond to alerts and fault/performance related events, responsible for break/fix procedures
- Access and manage capacity requirements for normal operation as part of day-to-day maintenance
- Act as an escalation point for Broadcast Operations Support team as needed to solve infrastructure related issues
- Collaborate/work with development teams in product testing, operational procedures, identifying automation opportunities
- Develop operational scripts to assist in troubleshooting, maintenance and automation tasks
- Assist/support regional counterparts with remote deployments
- Provide documentation of processes and operational procedures POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- In depth knowledge of VMWare Enterprise technologies in the datacenter (vSphere, VSAN, VMWare, Horizon VDI, switching and networking configurations, ESXi advanced configurations, esxcli, VMFS)
- Thorough understanding of Window Servers and Microsoft Active Directory and domain principles
- Solid grasp of IT infrastructure and networking fundamentals
- Experience with enterprise hardware monitoring solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
- Experience working within an agile environment
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage platform administration
- Experience with managing cloud infrastructure in AWS / Azure /GCP
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline strategies and concepts
- Experience with modern scripting languages including infrastructure as code concepts
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience working in a broadcast facility
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594 (https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 80,000 - 125,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus