Bloomberg Employee Operation Specialist - Singapore
Posted Jul 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 105680
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insights. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Who we are:
Workplace Operations & Supply Chain teams are dedicated to providing an employee experience that drives innovation, collaboration, productivity, and transparency. Our Global Employee Operations Team is central in this effort by providing platinum support to nearly 21,000 employees and more than 500,000 annual visitors in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world.
We are a close-knit, hardworking team made up of: Service & Mobile Technology Specialists, Service Desk Analysts, Desktop Technicians, and Audio-Visual representatives. Each of these groups rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we can develop.
For example, our 21,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, as well as monitor our entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What’s the role:
Bloomberg's Employee Operations Department is looking for a Service Specialist in the Japan Service Desk and Technician group. The team is critical to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems and forms Bloomberg's backbone, providing IT support for our employees. The team supports primarily a Windows OS environment in addition to Macs, mobile technology and AV systems.
As a specialist, you will act as a primary escalation for technical issues that our Service Desk and Technician analysts are unable to solve prior to further escalation to the Engineering and Infrastructure group. You will have enhanced access and system privileges to aid in the support of infrastructure systems. Additionally, you will be expected to support our teams during outages and liaise with leadership and incident management teams in Engineering to communicate issues, impact on user experience, and support troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
In addition, we will look to you to aid in identifying opportunities for workflow enhancement, working side by side with our Engineering/Infrastructure group to drive continuous improvement in our day-to-day workflow; reduction of manual efforts; as well as filling knowledge gaps within our Service Desk and Technician organization.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide an exceptional employee experience in supporting cases escalated by the Service Desk and Technician analyst teams
- Actively look for opportunities for process improvements and training gaps across the Service Desk / Technician analyst group
- Act as a key resource for the Service Desk and Technician Analyst teams, striving for excellent customer service whilst taking a detail-oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently
- Be responsible for using dashboards and Bloomberg terminal tools to help manage workload and escalations
- Leverage elevated access and responsibility in supporting:
AD access to WW groups and restricted OUs
Read/Write network drive access for other employees
Coordination of basic automation tasks
Access level administration to grant employee access
Additional access for administration tools such as CyberArk, CUCM, HP Web Jetadmin, Software license portals, SCCM, Azure, Zoom, vSphere, Peoplesoft
Our mobile solutions and technologies as they continue to evolve
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in a Service Desk or Desktop Technician role in a Windows Operating System environment
- Troubleshooting experience with PCs, laptops and mobile devices
- Extensive experience in enterprise administration software such as Microsoft Active Directory and SCCM
- Track-record and demonstrable understanding of IT operational disciplines, process workflows, resource and problem management
- Passion for technology and ability to quickly learn new technology
- Ability to operate successfully in a global landscape and have the dedication to move towards standardization and continuous improvement of processes
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment demonstrating high energy, a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- A collaborative attitude with the willingness to go above and beyond to support your team
- Proven continuous career growth within an organisation
We’d love to see:
- Degree in Computer Science, Network Technologies, IT Security, or similar field
- Experience in Mac environments troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
- Knowledge of Python, PowerShell and/or other scripting languages and automation
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match. We'll get in contact with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.