Product Manager - BQuant Workflow Integration Solutions - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Jul 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 105734
Who we are:
BQuant is Bloomberg’s new cloud-hosted, multi-asset class quantitative investment research platform designed specifically for financial markets. We are looking for an experienced professional from a quantitative investment research background to come and join our team and help us create an industry leading solution.
This is a unique opportunity to join a cross-functional team with Product, Engineering, Quant, CTO, and Client teams on a high profile project. The team is global, located in London, NY and San Francisco. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Engineering department, to accelerate the range of products and use cases we support.
What we do:
The CTO department is a dynamic, collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment - the work is always exciting and the challenges we encounter are never boring. From this department we guide the company's overall strategic direction for machine learning, natural language processing, and search throughout the entire business. We are transforming our business through these technologies as well as the insights we provide our customers across the global financial sector.
The BQuant platform seeks to democratize the best practices in quantitative analysis, and bring quant tools to the larger audience of Bloomberg users. Our team is exploring future-looking technology that combines cutting-edge Machine Learning (ML) and quant techniques with financial domain expertise to empower clients to perform collaborative quant research and deploy production workflows integrated with our deep stack of enterprise products. This revolutionary product will enable clients to rapidly accelerate their research to production cycle and achieve an edge in the market.
What’s in it for you:
You will be responsible for identifying target markets and client workflows that can be solved using Bloomberg's Quant Platform (BQuant). Your objective will be to validate client workflows and to work with our Engineering, UX, and Product teams to design and deliver products that solve client problems.
When designing workflow solutions, you will be able to leverage Bloomberg's enterprise data and services including our portfolio analytics and order management capabilities. Examples of specific workflows that you could work on that use Bloomberg's Quant Platform, Data, and Services include:
- Portfolio Construction and Risk Management
- Order Staging and Trading Execution
- Derivatives Structuring and Pricing
- Post Trade Operations and Analytics
- ESG Workflows and Regulatory Reporting
We’ll trust you to:
- Drive the design and delivery of end-to-end products that are built on the Bloomberg Quant Platform and Bloomberg's Data and Services.
- Collaborate with clients and internal Bloomberg teams to deliver targeted workflow solutions to a range of client personas including quant researchers, risk managers, trading compliance desks, and regulatory reporting teams.
- Be a company thought leader on quant workflows from trading strategy ideation to implementation to post-trade risk and portfolio management.
- Own the roadmap and backlog, taking into account customer input, product strategy, competitor analysis and best practices
- Perform market analysis of trends that could impact strategy, roadmap, or positioning.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years in a quantitative research, portfolio construction, trading research, or risk management role ideally across multiple asset classes.
- Deep domain expertise in at least one of the following areas: portfolio construction and risk management, trading implementation and research, or ESG compliance reporting and analytics.
- Broad experience in quantitative strategy research and implementation spanning the entire workflow from idea generation to trade execution to post trade risk management.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with Engineers, UX, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Senior Executives.
- Prior experience in driving initiatives from ideation to delivery by collaborating with engineering teams and quant developers and researchers.
We’d love to see:
'- Passion about product development with Bloomberg technology.
- An advanced degree Masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance.
- Prior experience building quantitative products at a Tier 1 buy or sell side firm.
- Strong technical understanding of the tech stack (cloud/enterprise infrastructure, RESTful APIs, etc.).
- Experience with the management and usage of multi-asset, alternative and proprietary data in finance.
- Deep knowledge of use cases across buy and sell side, asset classes, and different trading strategies.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.