Corporate Accounting - Financial Risk & Controls
New York, NY
Posted Jul 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 105780
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Financial Controls Management Team governs all the financial controls for Company, including financial reporting, treasury, hire to retire, procure to pay, order to cash, fixed assets, IT General Controls, and statutory reporting. Our Team acts as the second line of defense to monitor financial process risks, collaborates with our stakeholders to strengthen the organizations internal controls and strives to identify drive continuous change for process improvements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain the governance framework for internal controls over financial reporting by maintaining the current controls database and identifying key financial and entity level controls and identify design gaps
- Periodically test the operating effectiveness of controls, including planning, stakeholder management, developing test plans, fieldwork execution and results reporting
- Act as advisor to business partners in assessing risk and defining appropriate mitigation controls through activities including development of Risk and Controls Matrices (RACMs), process flow mapping, and refinement of controls
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to enhance overall internal controls framework and drive process improvements
- Facilitating the periodic management certification process of internal controls
- Provide guidance and secondary review of management’s SOC report review controls
- Participate in reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- A minimum of 7 years of internal audit, external audit, and/or relevant controls experience of a publicly traded company.
- Experience evaluating internal controls design, identifying key risks and controls for a wide range of business processes, including financial reporting, treasury, hire to retire, procure to pay, order to cash, fixed assets, IT General Controls, and statutory reporting
- Strong knowledge of internal audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology e.g. COSO.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive Team strategy and set the tone for strengthening the controls environment
- Aptitude identify internal efficiencies and implement internal process improvements
- Work independently, think critically and analytically, perform research and is solution oriented
- CPA designation required, or strong accounting foundation in US GAAP
- Winning attitude, professionally and personally driven
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a role that has high visibility throughout the organization
- Passion to be a part of an evolving internal controls function and drive for continuous process improvements
- Experience working with SAP
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 165,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus