Corporate Accounting - Financial Risk & Controls
New York, NY
Posted Jul 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 105780
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg’s Corporate Controls Team manages all the financial controls for Corporate, including CFOs, external financial reporting, treasury, compensation, statutory reporting and IT General Controls. Our Team acts as the second line of defense to monitor financial process risks, collaborates with our stakeholders to strengthen the organizations internal controls and strives to identify drive continuous change for process improvements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain the governance framework for internal controls over financial reporting by maintaining the current controls database and identifying key financial and entity level controls and identify design gaps
- Periodically test the operating effectiveness of controls, including planning, stakeholder management, developing test plans, fieldwork execution and results reporting
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to enhance overall internal controls framework and drive process improvements
- Partnering with management to develop corrective action plans and monitor the status to ensure risk mitigation
- Facilitating the periodic management certification process of internal controls
- Provide guidance and secondary review of management’s SOC report review controls
- Participation in any ad hoc operational reviews or create controls workflows (at the request of senior management)
- Participate in reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Monitor monthly balance sheet account reconciliation certification by management
- Work with IT Teams to drive system enhancements (e.g. internal controls tool and balance sheet account certification tool)
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of internal audit, external audit, and/or relevant controls experience of a publicly traded company.
- Strong accounting foundation in US GAAP
- Experience evaluating internal controls design, identifying key risks and controls for a wide range of business processes, including internal and external financial reporting, treasury, procure to pay, order to cash, hire to retire, fixed assets
- Strong knowledge of internal audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology e.g. COSO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders, from associates to senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive Team strategy and set the tone for strengthening the controls environment
- Aptitude identify internal efficiencies and implement internal process improvements
- Work independently, think critically and analytically, perform research and is solution oriented
- CPA or CIA designation required, or equivalent
We’d love to see:
- Winning attitude, professionally and personally driven
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a role that has high visibility throughout the organization
- Passion to be a part of an evolving internal controls function and drive for continuous process improvements
- Experience working with SAP is a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.