Eng Program Manager- Application Frameworks
New York, NY
Posted Jan 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 105842
Bloomberg is the industry standard for financial data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. With petabytes of data available, a platform to transform and analyze the data is critical to our success. The Product Delivery Management Office (PDMO) works closely with engineering and product teams to build empowered, autonomous and multi-disciplinary teams delivering the right product, in the right way, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As a Program Manager in the PDMO you will be aligned with the Application Frameworks Engineering organization and have the opportunity to manage the execution of large scale initiatives while establishing structure and processes for teams. Working in an agile team, you will collaborate with Product Managers, engineering teams, and business partners to drive technology initiatives that are critical to Bloomberg.
The Application Frameworks group is the primary infrastructure group responsible for the Terminal platform. They develop the core application runtimes on both the client side and the server side, including the main Bloomberg desktop software and the application containers running in our data centers. They provide the platform SDK’s and libraries for engineers to create high-value financial applications, along with the tools for developing, debugging, profiling and troubleshooting the applications. They also build and run realtime deployment, distribution, and monitoring infrastructure for the platform.
We will trust you to:
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects throughout the development lifecycle from inception through launch.
- Build and thoroughly understand robust roadmaps that set the right expectations with stakeholders, see around corners, anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Be a culture carrier modeling the right behaviors for the team
- Create a shared sense of purpose, leadership and accountability with and for the team
- Establish self-service and repeatable processes wherever possible to reduce redundancy and inefficiency
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Assess, adapt and introspect right-fit delivery framework (methodologies, tools and techniques) most appropriate to help the team achieve their goal as efficiently as possible
- Improve team's performance by helping them to continuously reflect and improve, encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
You will need to have:
- 3+ years direct work experience in a program/project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with agile development practices and proven track record of implementing Agile to new and existing teams.
- Foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure, architecture
- Foundational knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development methodologies.
- Experience in managing and maintaining a portfolio of projects, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional (CSM or CSP)
- Experience using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Experience in leading or being part of Agile transformation in an organization that previously followed traditional/waterfall software development processes
PMP, SAFe Certification
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 210,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus