TOMS Sales Representative
Posted Aug 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 106077
Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) provides fixed income sell-side firms the capabilities to efficiently manage inventory, risk, P&L, compliance and straight-through processing. The enterprise suite of solutions includes electronic trading tools and market connectivity to help firms synchronize their front office risk and trading with middle-office, operations and enterprise applications in real-time.
As a key member of our established TOMS Sales Team you'll be responsible for building deep client relationships, uncovering sales opportunities through client interactions and prospecting, positioning TOMS and other Bloomberg solutions, generating leads and driving revenue.
You'll work closely with colleagues in the Account Management team to gain a deep understanding of your clients’ business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships. You'll also play a role in influencing the direction of our products by providing feedback on user workflow demand, competitor intelligence, and market trends.
You'll be expected to demonstrate credibility with knowledge of the sell side community, be comfortable with our customer's operational and trading activities and have a thorough understanding of TOMS and/or other OMS, Bloomberg product features, optimal workflow and usage benefits. You will need to be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients by being a good listener and fully understanding their needs before recommending solutions.
We'll trust you to focus on these 3 core areas:
1. Sales and Solution Opportunities
2. Client relationships and positioning additional solutions
3. Product and Market knowledge
We’ll trust you to:
- Exemplify Enterprise/Value Selling approach with the need to understand the connections between TOMS and other Bloomberg services to bring the total solution to our clients
- Understand client business, workflow and tech stack
- Thoughtfully position product and functionality and enhancements
- Collaborate with Account Management, Product and Business Development with insight and intelligence
- Use your deep industry knowledge to spot situations and propose solutions across Bloomberg's Fixed Income Product offering
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience within the Financial Markets, specifically within Fixed Income (rates, corps, munis, etc)
- Strong core Bloomberg knowledge and knowledge of the OMS landscape
- Experience interacting with Trading, Sales, Middle and Back Office, Technology and E-Commerce teams
- Strong business sense with a talent for identifying potential value creation and new prospects, as well as building and maintaining solid client relationships
- Clear and transparent pipeline management skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Flexibility for regular travel within the assigned geographical coverage
- Fluency in English and Spanish
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com