Bloomberg Workplace Design Manager - NY
New York, NY
Posted Aug 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 106079
As Bloomberg continues to evolve our innovative workspaces, our Global Design team has an open position for a talented Senior Project Architect / Workplace Design Manager / Workplace Strategist based in New York, with responsibilities within the Americas region and reporting into the Global Head of Design. The role offers a unique client-side opportunity and the privilege to work both in (and on) some of the most unique office fit-outs in the world. As part of a truly global team, you will select and work closely with best-in-class architectural practices across the region to deliver projects with our Capital Project and Facilities partners.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take on Design Management for projects in the Americas region.
- Maintain a high standard to look and feel of all Bloomberg environments, including where architecture meets MEP, AV, IT and other building systems.
- Support workplace management teams in developing design solutions for business requirements, including drawing production or management of drawing production as required.
- For Capital Projects:
- Design Management of complex external consultant teams consisting of Architects, Engineers and specialists, working closely with Project Management team.
- Ownership of design portion of Capital Delivery including workplace design strategy, templates and process.
- Ownership of all design consultant design output.
- Ownership of end product of Capital Delivery Process.
- Develop and deliver architectural brief to Architectural teams/consultants based on collection of business and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage the design consultant’s architectural design process from appointment to sign off.
- Implement/utilize global protocols, templates in Capital delivery process. - For Operational/Facilities Projects: Provide design input and/or solutions as required for the maintenance and improvements of our office portfolio.
- Adopt our Agile methodology to workflow management and take ownership over select products.
- Join the workplace design strategy taskgroup to develop Bloomberg’s approach to workplace design.
- Work with other regional Design leads to continually develop and implement design standards.
- Implement and develop the Process templates and protocols library.
- Maintain the photos and digital library. - Travel as required.
- Take a leading role in the ongoing development the group’s work on Workplace Design Strategy, Design Standards, and Process, with a commercial approach:
Skills and qualities you need to have:
- Architectural license, with relevant experience.
- A strong, professional portfolio of workplace projects and relevant sectors demonstrating individual input.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Sophisticated organizational skills and be a pro-active collaborator.
- Articulate communicator, with well-developed presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A flexible, strategic approach to working effectively under pressure and with sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of compliance and code requirements for design and construction in the United States.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Design approach that offers a balance of creative and technical aspects within a corporate environment.
- Well-developed sense for aesthetics in design for graphics and environments.
- A process-oriented approach to carrying out tasks.
- Experience in architectural design including MEP and complex technical building systems, with a focus on interiors.
- An understanding of trends, and history of architectural design, furniture, materials.
- Required software skills: AutoCAD, Adobe, Office packages at a minimum with Revit optional.
*Must submit portfolio of previous works to be considered*